Saturday, March 1, 2014

Reflecting on Learning

Going through the past 8 weeks,  I have learned about how to build an anti biased classroom. I have thought about and reflected on different situations and conversations that could happen in my classroom and how I would deal with the situation. My biggest hope is that I walk away from this course an even more anti biased role model for my students. I am able to talk with them and help explain to them that we should be grateful for each others differences and abilities. My hopes are that I can dispel any biases that my students might have and teach them to be respectful to everyone.

I want to give a big thank you to my colleagues that have been supporting me the past 8 weeks. You have helped me unveil my biases and reflect on my own person views. You have also helped me come up with amazing activities that I can do with my students to help them also become anti biased individuals. Good luck with your future journey!

2 comments:

  1. Lauren,
    I really enjoyed reading your discussion and blog posts; they were always very insightful! Best of luck to you in our final course!!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lauren,
    I will be blogging with you this 8 weeks. Please add me to your followers. My URL is http://lindahollis51.blogspot.com. Thanks and Good luck!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete